Tuesday 7 May 2013

How many Hexagons...

How many hexagons are in the last border of Mrs Billings? I have been asked this question quite a lot lately, there must be a few of you coming to the end of your quilt. There are lots... if I tell you the exact number I might scare you away :) 

How many hexagon quilts can one have? As many as you like - is the correct answer I guess... there are so many different patterns, so many different sizes of hexagons, so many different colours and piecing variations! We have seen lots of hexagons at the shop lately and there is something very beautiful about each and every one!

These little lovelies are 1/2" hexagons and are from Sue's new quilt 'Ring of Roses'.

 This circle of roses are also from Sue's quilt. 

I found this lovely fussy cut rosette on Sue Garman's blog. Sue has loads of gorgeous hexagon photos this month. 
Have a look here for more eye candy! 

 Tara from Tazzie Quilts has made some lovely hexagons for her Mrs Billings border.
I took a sneak peek at Tara's blog this evening and found that she is now quilting her Mrs Billings. 
I can't wait to see it finished! 

 Ros has been stitching up a storm with her Ring of Roses too.
Don't you just love the 4" hexagons in that fussy cut border!

 I just had to show you a close up.... fantastic work Ros!

I have finished a quilt or two this month... my fingers are itching... maybe I need to start another hexagon quilt too!

Until next time,



5 comments:

  1. So beautiful hexie work.
    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these fantastic pics! They are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them all very beautifull I just wish i had the time to do them

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so inspired now to do a Ring of Roses quilt now. Thank you for sharing! You are among a very talented group of ladies for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG your quilts are fantastic! I could look at/study the above quilt for days... (daze?)

    ReplyDelete